SORRY FOR 10/11 VIEWING PROBLEMS.
In response to a few questions:
* Those who understand how New York Islander Fan Central has worked since 2007 knows there will be tons of updates just shorter, less NYIFC commentary within the twitter framework.
Simply follow the twitter crawl or feeds (still working on this) at the top of this page or the top left section where you can scroll to the latest update or just go directly to the twitter page itself.
* I cannot do absolutely everything I used to do like daily articles but the feeders here have everything from the Islanders/Bridgeport and when I see something of interest I will do a twitter update with a link to the article and a brief word or two/or a hundred and whatever as twitter permits.
* You can bet I will write what needs to be written when necessary but as always the media is never the priority here, the games and our team is. I tend to think because this blog wrote about coverage and content from hockey writers and it was kind of ground-breaking for an amateur fan blog some saw this as a media kind of blog.
* From Dan Martin to Katie Strang to Michael Fornabaio all their feeds/twitter updates along with the Times Islander page feeds are here to represent the newspapers. The Daily News Isles section (Devils also) was removed and it's feed not updating.
And yes, Ms Strang to date has done a fantastic job in my estimation while the veteran newspaper writers have done their usual questionable work which seems intended to drive fans away...Old news and usual coverage double standards by usual veteran writers speak for themselves.
Mr Botta, outstanding interviews, updates, good analysis and thrilled his blog will remain (through his new employer) plus his work will only help SI perception of the club. For some reason recently he made the goal chant a topic and put's it on the Isles management to give them people what they want while long ago when the problem started he did another entry and asked the fans to stop here.
Mr Botta will always be the first to defend Islander management and go out of his way to get the correct story out.
* From Mr Botta to Justin Bourne to Mr Witt and almost everyone in between their feeds, blogs or twitter pages are linked here in some manner as to what I consider the professional media blog/site section. That can be anyone from players or commentators, former coaches, team employees ect or writers affiliated with newspapers or major hockey sites like Tsn. I don't want to over do things with this because let's say for example Mr Botta does an update, to include his twitter page means we're going to see three updates of the exact same thing.
* If (very big if) I find time maybe I will put in feeds to opposing teams coverage on the left sidebar (newsgator widget) so you see everything written on a game from both sides but that's tough because many papers do not have hockey centric feeds only for one team and we don't need updates from every sport like Tsn.ca does with their rss which makes it useless for our purpose here.
Perhaps I will create my own little list of feeds from game to game during the season so as things progress I will have built up something to move in and out of the blog feeds as each team is played. But when teams play three games in four days again it causes a lot of conflicts or I would have done this the last few years.
* The Ct Post web folks invented a newspaper feed one specifically for NYIFC last season on a day their tech folks were asking for website improvements, Mr Fornabaio did not even know but he was very happy about it, he already had a feed for his blog but not his newspaper articles.
Other AHL teams coverage are almost impossible to link feeds here and move them in and out on a game by game basis with three games in three days. I have put links to sites that have newspaper coverage links for every team NHL and AHL current and prior.
* Islander Blog box?
Given the only two people I ever contacted from the Isles about the box are no longer team employees I did contact the Isles customer service last week to see if they can find me the right person to put NYIFC back on their blog box page being that I asked for it to be removed last April-May a few times and would likely still be there now.
Either way this is not a big deal.
Two years ago I offered the blog to the team to help out but that was through Mr Botta the first year and Mr Witt the second. With or without me in the blog box (by link only) I'm not sure what to do with the blog box feeder on the right side (newsgator widget) of this page.
Some blog box members do update, others do not, some stopped long ago and I have not seen any new blogs added or the page changed to include new members. I don't want to pull something folks who visit here may want to read from someone but I am looking for space if I decide to return the prospect blog here.
* As always amateur fan blogs/blog box or others have a place here and those with respectful content are welcome to have their link advertised on our sidebar but never in our main content sections with the professional media or the newspaper writers.
* No, I'm not interested in taking on a second writer to update here. I only did this one update to answer questions I received and explain some things so you can get the most of of the updates and both NYIFC and the